Quote-idiots Friday – Lite
Ok, so Friday is all but over – there has been no new Quote-idiot post and now all I’m doing is just posting answers from last week? I should be ashamed, I know.
I said *should* be, but I’m not. We’ve been busy prepping for winter today. Reworking the schedule and routines, double checking school plans, gathering in our normal x 100#’s of potatoes (it’s always dependant upon the harvest), gathering in the last of our apples, the last of our squash and just enjoying a special day with our kiddos in general. HOW could I possibly be ashamed?! 🙂
SO, here are the long awaited answers from last week:
1) May I be frank?
Is that your name?
No, my name is Godfrey.
All right, be frank. (My Man Godfrey starring William Powell)
2) Who is it?
I’m not here.
I know that trick! (While You Were Sleeping starring Sandra Bullock and Bill Pullman)
3) Y’know, if you had a bank roll and purple eyes, I’d ask you to be mine. ( Living in a Big Way starring Gene Kelly)
4) God gave us a great big apple, see, and He said, “Don’t touch it.” He didn’t say touch it once in awhile. He didn’t say take a nibble when you’re hungry. He said, “Don’t touch it. Don’t think about touching it. Don’t sing about touching it. Don’t think about singing about touching it.” (Walk the Line starring Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon)
5) Well how do you like that? Not so much as a “kiss my foot” or “have an apple”. (White Christmas starring Danny Kaye, Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney)
6) Dee-na-mee-tay. Must be Italian. (Hoodwinked starring Molly Aley as Twitchy)
7) I will simply deny you the crown and live… forever! (Ever After starring Drew Barrymore and Dougray Scott)
8) Did he actually refer to himself as “the talent”? (Groundhog Day starring Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell)
9) How is it that you are so brave while the rest of us shake in our boots?
I don’t think of what might happen, only what needs to be done. (The Village starring Joaquin Phoenix and Adrien Brody )
10) I thought all writers drank to excess and beat their wives. You know one time I secretly wanted to be a writer. (The Philadelphia Story starring Cary Grant, Katharine Hepburn and Jimmy Stewart)
Goodbye, trolley people! (extra credit) (The Princess Diaries starring Ann Hathaway and Julie Andrews)
As for THIS week’s quote-idiot quiz (since I know you’re all aching to win our voices on your answering machine or popcorn signed by us all) I will post it tomorrow, while we’re working on getting apples into the dehydrator. Until tomorrow then!