It’s that time of week once again. Read through the quotes, send me your answer on the back of a $20 bill…..or you can email me….or you can leave your answer in the comments section. Out of all the right answers, we will randomly draw a name.
The winner of this drawing will receive their choice between one of our voices on your answering machine/voice mail or signed packages of popcorn for your family movie night.
Happy movie night!
1) I fear this latest escapade may have lessened your regard for her “fine eyes”.
Not at all. They were brightened by the exercise.
2) I am no longer astonished at you knowing only *six* accomplished women, Mr X, I rather wonder at your knowing *any*.
3) An unhappy alternative lies before you. Your mother will never see you again if you do *not* marry Mr XI, and *I* will never see you again if you *do*.
4) May I have the carriage, Father?
The carriage? No indeed! You must go on horseback for it looks like rain. Then you will have to stay the night!
Oh, why do you look at me like that? Would you go all the way to Netherfield and back without seeing Mr XX? No indeed. – You will go on Nelly, that will do very well, indeed.
5) I shall never understand why you go through the world determined to be displeased with everything and everyone in it.
And I will never understand why you are always in a rage to approve of everything and everyone that you meet.
6) Who’s that girl dancing with Mr. XII?
Her name is Mary King.
She’s come to stay with her uncle in Mereton.
She’s not very pretty, is she?
Beauty is not the only virtue, Maria. She has just inherited a fortune of ten thousand pounds, I understand.
Now that is a definite virtue.
7) Oh, Mr. XIII, nothing you say shall ever vex me again.
I’m sorry to hear it.
8 ) Oh, fetch my smelling salts, I feel my faintness coming on me again.
9) The pleasures of Brighton should have little charms for me. I should infinitely prefer a book.
10) You are thinking how insupportable it would be to spend many evenings in such tedious company.
No, indeed, my mind was more agreeably engaged. I’ve been meditating on the very great pleasure which a pair of fine eyes in the face of a pretty woman can bestow.
Thanks for playing!!
This game void and prohibited by any employee of Javadawn or her affiliates. Winners of the last 3 weeks are not eligible to try and win this week – unless you send me chocolate or cake. I MIGHT be perusuaded then. 😉